We are a small private practice located in the small village of Deddington in Oxfordshire. Deddington Dental has been established for 20 years serving both the local and neighbouring communities.
In September 2015 the practice was taken over by Dr Akhil Gupta and Dr Tajinder Sihra. Their priority is to provide an excellent service and high quality care to their patients.
Being a private practice we can offer not only the highest quality but we can also spend more time with you addressing your questions and concerns regarding your dental health. For nervous patients we can provide various forms of dental sedation.
As well as routine and cosmetic dental treatment we also provide emergency dental care to registered and non registered patients during normal hours and out of hours.
Mission Statement and Statement of Purpose
Our main aim is to provide high quality dental care in a relaxed environment. We achieve this by:
- Spending time discussing treatment options and prevention with you.
- Show you photos of your teeth using our intra-oral camera to explain potential issues.
- Using low dose digital x-rays, which are safer.
- Using the most advanced equipment and materials from a rotary root canal system, apex locator (to measure the length of your tooth without the need for x-rays), low shrinkage dental composite (white) fillings, several options for crowns (from highly aesthetic all ceramic crowns to very strong gold crowns), Piezo scaler for removing bacteria and tartar and much more.
- Providing a detailed treatment plan and cost estimate.
- Providing flexible appointment times.
Our Promise to You
- To treat all our patients with the courtesy and respect they deserve.
- To involve you in every stage of your treatment. The consent process is a discussion about the intended benefits and possible risks of treatment. This is achieved by taking time to talk to you about dental treatments, procedures and new techniques. We will always be on hand to answer any questions or discuss any concerns you may have.
- To provide you with a safe environment; we comply with strict sterilisation procedures and cross-infection guidelines and consider your health and safety a priority at all times.
- To tailor your treatment plan to suit your preferences and desires. We will discuss all aspects of your treatment with you to ensure you get the smile you hoped for.
- To give you a smile to be proud of; we want to give you a self-confidence boost and increase your self-esteem.
Your Promise to Us
- To let us know if you cannot make an appointment at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. We may charge for no-shows and cancellations made less than 24 hours in advance.
- To take care of your teeth and gums in line with recommendations from our dental team. This is to ensure that you enjoy good oral health and get the best possible results from your treatment.
- To treat our staff with the same respect that they give you.
- To attend regular dental appointments to enable our dental team to keep an eye on your oral health.
- To tell others about your experience with us if you are pleased with the service you received.
We want all our patients to be happy with the service they receive. Sometimes things go wrong and if a patient makes a complaint we will deal with it promptly and courteously. Our aim is to resolve the matter as quickly as possible following the agreed procedure and wherever possible to the satisfaction of the patient.
A complaint may indicate a failing on our part from which we can learn and make improvements to our service. We will adopt a ‘no blame’ approach when investigating a complaint and aim to reach a satisfactory conclusion. At all times we will be polite and respectful to our patients.
Please click for our complaints policy.
Our dentists and nurses are registered with The General Dental Council
Our dental practice is regulated by the Care Quality Commission